Working in an Iraqi company can be a fun and exciting experience, with a diverse group of individuals from all walks of life. But let’s face it, just like any other workplace, you’ll encounter a variety of employees with different personalities and work ethics.
To help you navigate the office jungle, here are 10 types of employees you might come across:
1) We have the “Dreamer“, they’re the ones who have grand plans of being the CEO one day, but for now, they’re perfectly content just dreaming about it. They’ll ask for more responsibility, but let’s just say their skills and experience are still in development.
2) The “Slack-Off” they’re the ones who only work when they think someone’s watching, but as soon as you turn around, they’re taking a nap. They’re experts at coming up with excuses, like “I’m too busy” for doing any real work.
3) Beware of the “Saboteur“, they’re the ones who like to stir the pot, spreading rumours and causing drama. They’re sneaky and hard to spot, but if you’re ever suspicious, just check if the office has suddenly turned into an Indian film.
4) The “Yes-Man/Woman” is always eager to please and will say yes to anything you ask without thinking it through. They’re not the brightest bulbs, but they know how to work the system. Just remember, they’re like a double-edged sword, they might do something great, but they might also set the office on fire.
5) Then we have the “Rule Breaker” they believe rules are for the birds, and they’re the only ones that matter. They’re very self-centered and have a hard time being part of a team. Although teamwork is essential to success, many go-it-alone personalities resist working with others because they equate teamwork with being a slave to group conformity, and they believe it limits their ability to break the rules. These people are usually very intelligent but have no desire to put that intelligence into anything productive or useful.
6) The “Gossip Queen/King” is the office’s encyclopedia of drama, they know everything that’s happening in the office and they’re not afraid to share it. They might seem harmless, but they can cause a lot of problems if they’re not careful.
7) The “Quiet One” is always flying under the radar, they’re quiet and reserved and tend to keep to themselves. They might not be the most outgoing, but they can be great assets to the team with their steady work ethic and problem solving skills.
8) The “Moody” employee is a mystery, they might be the most motivated when they first start, but after a few weeks, they’re back to their usual grumpy self. But when they do decide to get motivated, watch out, because they might surprise you with some great ideas.
9) The “Technophobe” is scared of technology, and has trouble keeping up with the latest gadgets and software. It might be a bit of a challenge to work with them, but with some patience and guidance, they can improve their skills.
10) The “Jokester” is always cracking jokes and making everyone laugh, they lighten up the atmosphere of the office but at times they can be a bit too much. They can be a great addition to the office, but it’s important that they know when it’s time to be serious.
These are just a few examples of the types of employees you might encounter in an Iraqi company. The most important thing to remember is that everyone is unique and can’t be easily put in a box, and with a little bit of understanding and patience, we can all work together to make the office a great place to be. As long as everyone is working towards the same goal, it’s all good fun.